I often think about what I would do if I had a million dollars and sometimes I’ll sit for half an hour without even knowing it, just thinking about it. Then the other night I had a dream that Jennifer Aniston and I were the best of friends (don’t ask me why, I’m guessing I ate something that causes dreams, and I must have seen her on TV that night) and she decided “You know what Amanda, you’re pretty cool, I’m going to give you a million dollars” and then my dream ended with me thinking of what I was going to do with the money.
I woke up thinking “Wouldn’t that be cool?!” So for those of you who are like me and dream about this sort of things (literally or not) here is what I would do....
1) Not quit my job (I like my job, and a million dollars isn’t likely enough to live on for the rest of your life)
2) Give $100,000 to my church
3) Pay off my mom’s mortgage
4) Give me and my husband $10,000 each to do what we want with. He would probably buy music equipment. What I would do is...
a. Buy a dog (which since I originally thought of this I did, so maybe another dog?)
b. Buy myself one of these rings (haven’t decided which one)
c. Get myself diamond stud earrings
d. Put the rest in the bank for anything else I think of
5) Buy a mini cooper
6) Take a trip to Asia (Thailand, India, The Philippines, China and Japan)
7) Rent out the house we live in now and buy another house (spending $300,000)
Maybe something to fix up a little.
Or if we could find something like this for the price that would be awesome!
8) And put the rest ($500,000) into investments or a high interest savings account for our future (kids, trips, retirement, etc.)
What would you do??